Tuesday, April 15, 2008

oh, the irony

I was just sweating through a workout (which I'm feeling today big-time) and I thought that I'd love to share. I was going to email it, but then K-smash sent out that email telling us the blog was back alive!

Anyhow, yesterday was clean-squat-presses (pyramid-style):
30 reps with 20#
20 reps with 40#
10 reps with 60#
(lie on floor panting for several minutes)
10 reps with 60#
20 reps with 40#
30 reps with 20#

The light reps gave me a chance to do faster sets. The 20# was a perfect warmup/cooldown. I did no other warmup and felt great. The heavier sets really hurt!

Now, to bring you up to speed on my (lack of) condition:
still working 80hrs/wk average. last week logged 100hours at work. phew! So I do not workout every day, and sometimes all I do is a little light jog, or walk/jog combo. Depends on my energy level, etc. I rarely spend more than 30-45 minutes on a workout. My core strength and balance need mucho help. You would not recognize my weakling self . . . its sad really, but I try not to think about how far I've fallen.

5 comments:

K-Smash said...

Its all about balance...you give a little more in one area of life and back off on another.

That workout sounded GREAT. Nice!

Tough Chick said...

Hey burpees!

Tough Chick said...

You will get your strength back in no time and I agree with K-smash in that balance is key.

amber said...

so its several days later and my thighs are still sore . . . ech.

amber said...
This comment has been removed by the author.