Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Giving myself a chance...

That's my new motto these days. Had a long weekend in New York and got back yesterday. It was very hot and humid there, and down in the subway it was...hell. I couldn't drink enough water. Even so, had a great time, I looked normal, everyone looked normal, but underneath we were poached. Did the Centure Bikeride around the city on Sunday. My friends and I signed up for the 55 mile ride. We rode 15 miles to the first station in Brooklyn, took a break to have a delicious brunch, caught up with the pack and headed over to Queens and back to Manhattan for about 40 miles. The path was marked on the streets, but streets were not closed. It was not so bad early on, but later in the day there was a lot of traffic. We had fun!!!! New York is beautiful!

Today's workout was 4 x 6 of:

1 arm clean-squat-push press (6 each side) with 20K
regular swings with 36 k

Power wheel rollout alternates.

I did the PW first. I could really feel my core working on the squat and push-presses. We finished with 1 minute holds of:

Incline plane
Prone Mountain
Forward flexion (I used standing rather than wide-angle and thought about seated L while I looked at my feet)
Supine bridge

Feels good! I really mean it about giving myself a chance without trying to force something to happen. It feels nice, light. Of course, I'm no longer distracted by my internal rantings from the fact that I have no control over what happens apart from my own actions. That doesn't feel so easy. But, it helps to workout!

1 comment:

K-Smash said...

Sounds like a GREAT weekend!

And, a great workout too. I like that one a lot...I'll have to do it sometime soon. (After THE test!)