Saturday, September 15, 2007

Test anxiety

Well, the time has come to test again. I am testing Monday morning. I KNOW I can pass, but I am still very nervous. Why can't I just be calm? I just want this over with!

So here's what I've done to prepare this past week:

Monday: Ran through test at the track at night. I was tired and dehydrated, it was late, and the track was pretty crowded. I also ate too close to testing. But I still got 4 points over what I need to pass. Good deal. 33 consecutive pushups. Only 52 situps in the time allowance, and I think that was because I still had too much food in my stomach.

Tuesday: Over an hour of HEY with K. Every client of mine canceled that day (weird!) which was actually good for me. I also did 100 pushups, ran 4 miles, and a bunch of situps (can't remember how many exactly).

Wednesday: Went running at Town Lake. I did intervals: 4 minutes of running alternating with 2 minutes of walking; covered a total of 4 miles. I did some pushups, and some situps, but not a huge amount.

Thursday: rest

Friday: 3 sets of 30 situps, 100 pushups (in sets of 10 or 15), short run (about 2.5 miles), one sprint across a football field. This was a "dress rehearsal" workout. I wanted to wear what I plan to wear to the test to make sure its comfortable.

Today and tomorrow: rest.

Monday morning...have courage and try to do my best.

I wish I could say that I am calm and confident, but I keep finding myself going over all the possible variables and scenarios that would make this test go wrong. I know its not constructive to do that. But then I spend some time in prayer, and I feel calmer. I need to keep myself in that frame of mind...surrendering myself to prayer.

Here's the one dilemma that I haven't figured out yet. Its hot, so I'm going to wear my comfy running shorts. However, when I do situps in my running shorts, they creep all the way down my legs to my hips. I am going to have a male tester, so he'll be holding my feet down. I'm wondering if I should wear my workout pants over my shorts for the situps and then take them off for the other events? Or just try to not think about it and just wear my shorts?

I'm going to go try to be calm.... :)

Be strong!

Edit: I solved the shorts problem. I got the most comfortable, awesomest compression shorts and soccer shorts today. Totally comfy and full coverage. :)

No comments: