Thursday, September 06, 2007

Good workout

I had a good workout day today...perfect for preparing for the fitness test.

K and I took turns doing pullups - I did singles, and she did sets of 2 or 3. I had to start with my feet on a box, and I am doing the narrow grip with my hands facing each other. I still can't come close with the overhand grip. Then I did a set of weighted pushups with 25 or 35 lbs on my back, and then we'd run a lap together. We did this circuit 4 times...then I did an extra set of pushups, and we did some HEY. I LOVE having someone to do HEY with!

By the end of the workout, I had done 20 pushups with 25 lbs on my back, and 30 pushups with 35 lbs, probably about 20 pullups, and ran 5 laps.

Later in the day, I went for a 20 minute run, followed by one set of 60 situps, and two sets of 30 situps.

I'm still a little stressed about whether or not I am ready for the test. I keep bashing myself and telling myself that I should've worked harder over the past year. I know its ridiculous. I know I can do it... I need to practice being positive and mentally strong too.

Be strong!

1 comment:

madison said...

That is an awesome workout, and it sounds like you are completely ready to blow them away on that test. So, what are you getting out of psyching yourself out like this? What does it do for you? It must do something, otherwise you would be digging in so much. Give yourself a chance to be brilliant on your own, as you are, without all the lashing and drama! That's my friend you're beating up!