Saturday, November 25, 2006

Back in Texas!

So I got back earlier this week. I really enjoyed being back in WI and back at the Monkey Bar. Training went well, but would've been even better if I hadn't been sick the whole time. I am finally starting to feel better. It helps that its in the mid to upper 70's and super sunny everyday!

So today, DH and I went to a Crossfit community workout. We did a warmup typical of this group, including squats, pushups, various range of motion exercises, a couple line drills, and then some agility ladder stuff. Then we did three sets of running, then squats, then pushups. The length we ran was the same every time...up a little hill and then to a marker. We did descending sets of squats and pushups: 50 squats + 25 pushups; 40 + 20; 35 + 15. Then we did some med ball stuff after that. DH has been working so hard this past month that he's been consistently lacking sleep, and probably not eating enough. After the first round of running/pushups/squats he was done. When we got home, I did 10 more pushups, to make it an even 100 for the day. Then I did 60 situps.

I made a pretty yummy dinner tonight. Saag paneer (pureed spinach and cheese) and rajma dal (kidney beans), two of my favorite Indian dishes. I made my own paneer for the first time too. To make the paneer, I used a quart of skim milk and 3 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice - brought the milk to a boil, removed it from the heat, added the lemon juice, and stirred until the curds formed. Then I drained it and compressed it. For the spinach, I used an onion, fresh ginger and garlic, jalepeno, tumeric, cumin seeds, ground cumin, and ground coriander. For the kidney beans, I used onion, ginger, garlic, jalepeno, canned tomatoes, and garam masala. DH and his sister had it with basmati rice and yogurt; I skipped the rice.

I will post again SOON! Be strong!!!

1 comment:

amber said...

I wish I could cook. That sounds pretty delish.