Thursday, July 12, 2007

Tired

What is the deal? I think I really overtrained at the beginning of May, and its been hard coming back from that. I am SOOOO tired!

Monday: A whole ton of house cleaning and apartment cleaning (rest day).

Tuesday: warmed up with 5 sets of 100 fwd + 100 bkwd with the jump rope. Beaded rope for the first three sets, green rope for the last two sets.
Then 3 sets of slow body rows and slow pushups, 8 reps per set. Slow 5 count up and 5 count down. Next 3 sets of slow front squats with 2x12kg KBs, and 115 lb deadlifts. The deadlifts were slow, but not as much as the other exercises.

Wednesday evening: went for a jog - about 2 to 3 miles. I had a slight headache, achy joints, and felt slightly nauseous. I'm a stubborn idiot - should've just taken a rest day, but I forced myself to run, and because I was tired, I tripped and fell, landing both palms and both kneecaps on the concrete. Ouchie. I'm fine, just embarrassed.

Today: I just messed around and did random sets of jump rope, KB swings, snatches, presses, double front squats, and barbell overhead squats.

I haven't been doing too well getting a solid 7-8 hours sleep every night, however its been a very slow week at work, so I've made it a priority to take a substantial nap between sessions to accumulate my 8 hours. I managed that every day except today.

My goal for this weekend is to sit down and write out my training plan for the rest of July. :) I think I need to treat myself like a client to get my ego out of the way and make some real progress. Be strong!

2 comments:

madison said...

Good plan K-smash! Hard to keep a positive outlook when you are recovering from over training, and I think you are correct that you're feeling the fallout from that...As the brilliant personal trainer that you are, make sure that as you plan the workouts for the rest of the month, you take into consideration the fact that your client has been overtraining!

amber said...

you're tired because you finally stopped training like a madwoman, and your body finally had time to say "wow i'm exhausted." add in the stress/excitement of buying a house and moving and there you go; instant tired!

I think writing out your workouts is a great idea . . . i'd better think that because that's what I do!