Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Too much...

So, I was off for about a week and a half. Rode my bike quite a bit during that time. When I got back to the gym last weekend, I had a great workout

Saturday: 5X5 of chins, dips, lunges, swings. Used 15# resistance on the dips, 2x16K for the lunges, and 38K for the swings. It felt great!

Then a bikeride Sunday.

Then Monday was a 15/15 that I did on my own with 5 reps per set 10 sets of: Dive Bombers, Chins, Swings, and jumped split squats (no resistance).

Tuesday FIT was a kind of prison workout starting at sets of 15 and working down to 1 cycling through sit-n-reach, lunges, PW rollouts, box jumps. I did jump lunges with a 25 d-ball at my chest and box jumps using a knee high box. I didn't make it through the whole workout in time but I finished my sets of 6 reps.

This morning, I went in, dragged myself in, and couldn't do the workout. It looked good and I hope to do it some other time: 4 laps (1 lap = 30 yards) then 3 laps, then 2 then 1 of:

D-ball overhead carry
D-ball rack carry
Lunges (again!)
Broad Jumps

I couldn't get past two laps of carrying the 16 Ks over my head. Too tired and sore, so I did some yoga, cleaned up, and headed to work. I guess today will be a rest day. Take it easy, especially when it's hard!!!

No comments: