Friday, December 15, 2006

I'm baaack!

What a long month and a half!! I've been going through a lot of changes, working a lot! and trying to figure out how to change my fitness routine to accommodate my work life. I haven't had two full days off in a row for so long, I mean months!! that I finally hit my limit. So, I'm not teaching a regular class anymore, I have a portable MBG, and am getting myself set up to continue working out at home for a while as I get a better sense of what I need. I haven't danced for months either--apart from the usual jump around by myself in my living room dancing.

Nutrition, I've had a hard time with that too...I did start making sure I had one healthy meal each day by going to the salad bar in the cafeteria at work and making a nice spinach salad with tuna fish. I know that this time of year is hard because of all the cake, candy, etc., but that isn't really a temptation for me. I don't have much of a sweet tooth, usually. When I'm feeling really stressed, I start to want cake, but that's not an issue right now, although it has been in previous months.

I know I will miss working out with people eventually, but right now, it feels good to take ownership of my fitness and do my own thing. The only thing I like about this time of year is that once the solstice passes, I know days will begin to lengthen. Just that seems to help.

I'm sick right now. Bad cold, lost my voice, coughing and wheezing. I feel happy, though. I'm strong, and I have all my strong beautiful friends to keep me company!!

4 comments:

Tough Chick said...

Welcome Back! Glad to hear that you are sane :D Have you been accessing the online workouts from home? If not, you totally should. It is like the monkey bar comes to you...right to your living room. The next best thing to being at the gym!

Tough Chick said...

By the way, I do miss seeing you around, too!

madison said...

Thanks guns. I'm going to try accessing the workouts from home...I'll let you know how it goes!!

Hollis said...

I try and do the workouts from home as on the website: LOVE that feature, but it just isn't the same- I find I need mirrors to make sure my form is OK. ew....