Thursday, December 14, 2006

this has been awful

Hi all, I'm still alive. Barely, since my muscles are wasting away and the only vegetable I've seen in awhile is cheesy broccoli.

This interviewing thing is getting exhausting. I'm either driving to an interview, at an interview pretending to be absolutely enthralled, or driving back to Black River Falls to work for a day, only to leave on yet another trip. Oh, yeah, I forgot, sometimes I'm on a plane instead.

All in all, this is awful for trying to be healthy. I try to run when I'm back in BRF, usually doing a 4-5 miler, or 1/4 mile sprint sets, or something. I've also done my favorite run, 1/4 mile sprints alternating with bodyweight exercises (the jungle gym goes nicely over the stationary climbing machine :). But I feel so weak, haven't been able to make my own meals in a looong time (I eat whatever the interviewing places elect to make me, or cafeteria food here in BRF.) Ugh. Sorry for the ranting, its over now.

Just wanted to let you all know that I'm alive, that's all. I'm counting down the days until I'm back in Madison (7!) Miss you guys!

3 comments:

madison said...

I feel for you! It's only temporary, thank goodness!, and when you come back you will recover quickly. Your combined sprint/jungle gym workout sounds like a good one! I hate traveling too. Hurry home!

Tough Chick said...

Can't wait to see U! Hang in there!

K-Smash said...

Its a good thing that you train so hard...you have a good base of strength and stamina to get you through the interview process!