Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Spinach and Tofu

I am having a late dinner of Spinach and Tofu. Yummy! This is one of my favorite recipes. I like to saute onion in water, tamari and a bit of hot sesame oil, then add herb tofu and when it is almost done, I throw in a pound of fresh spinach and cook it for about 30 more seconds. It is simple, super healthy and SO yummy.

Today I had a great workout! We bought new kettlebells for the gym, so I helped carry them to the car at lifeline and then again into the gym. We even have two 44k's now. That was a lot of kettlebell carrying, but still not quite enough of a workout so when I got home, I rode my bike for 30 minutes, then did cable cleans and swimmers with the double red cable.

Yesterday was a 5x5. I did:

Negatives with a 25 lb red ball
Down Dogs with my feet on the tire
Slow Knees to Elbows
Pwr Wheel Leg Curls resisted with the red cables
Windmills with the 28 k on the bottom half

It kills my shoulder to hold weight on the top when I do windmills...do you guys still think the movement is effective without upper weight?

Be Strong!




2 comments:

amber said...

I think its still effective if you don't have weight on top for windmills. Maybe holding the little yellow balls is a good alternative; they come in as light as 2 pounds, and add in the element of grip strength!

K-Smash said...

That recipe sounds good.

So are these new KBs the ones that Lifelife is going to sell?

That workout sounds great. How did you use the cables for resistance on the PW curls? I'd like to try that.

I agree with burpees that the movement is still effective...but maybe try to spend some time with someone working on HEY to figure out whats going on with your shoulder. Shortly after we moved down here, I injured my shoulder and it took a looooooong time to heal. I have NO idea how I injured it or when. I just realized one day that I had this horrible pain there when I did chins, presses, hindu pushups, and stuff like that. I was careful with it while training, and it finally got better.