Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Winter is over

The low last night was 53 and today its supposed to get up to 70. Whoooo-hoooo!
Yes, I realize that we might get a little cold weather later on too, but I get a kick out of saying we had one week of winter...

Anyway, this morning we did swings, box jumps, cleans, situps, back extensions,jump chins, burpees, and a short run. I did swings first, and I think my brain was still sleeping. I did 50 swings with a 20kg KB. Why a 20? Because I'm stupid. I really should've grabbed a heavier KB for that one. I did 25 cleans on each arm with the 16kg. Box jumps with a 20" box... What really killed me,and I found this very surprising, were the back extensions. It'll be interesting to see if I feel those tomorrow.

Right now I am working on pushups. I just did 40 and I'll do at least 10 more. Maybe even more than that. I'm getting really hungry, so 10 more and then breakfast...and maybe I'll get my lazy butt to do more pushups tonight instead of falling asleep all evening, like I did Monday night.

Be strong!

4 comments:

Hollis said...

40 pushups! That's awesome. Today is my 60 day Challenge Outtake test, and I am hoping for 10! Keep blogging, grrrl, you totally inspire me!

K-Smash said...

Well now, it was't 40 in a row! I broke it up into sets of 10...

The most I've ever done in a row was 30, but those were military pushups, not MBG pushups. I think the most MBG pushups I've done in a row is around 15 or so... Not sure.

Two years ago I couldn't even do one pushup!

Hollis said...

I managed 8... but that was way better then the only 5 halfsies I did on Day One. I did much better on everything except I gained a pound, which stinks, even though my BF is down too. So I need those nice healthy recipes to keep on coming!

K-Smash said...

Well, you can't go from 5 halfsies to 8 full pushups without putting on some muscle! Congratulations!! That is awesome improvement!

1 lb is not a huge difference, really. You can "gain" a few pounds just be eating something salty and retaining water. Or you can "lose" weight by dehydrating yourself. That is why you want to monitor your progress by different measures - including weight, body fat %, the fit of your clothing, your energy level, and your strength. I think you are doing great! Don't get down on yourself - keep up your training, keep packing in those veggies, and you'll keep improving.

I'll try to post my favorite recipes more often...I'll also send some to Guns to put on the MBG website.