Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Sandy beaches, family, and burpees - what more could you want?

Last Friday - 3 rounds of 25 KB clean and jerk, 20 burpees, and 15 jump chins...plus crawling for about 200 meters.

Friday night, my brother and his wife arrived for a short visit, so I spent a lot of time walking and driving, and showing them the sights all weekend.

Monday morning - went for a nice 40 minute run on the beach on South Padre Island!!!! That was heaven. Then I spent about 30 minutes crashing around in the waves in the Gulf with my brother, while our spouses stayed on the beach pondering why they married such weirdos. South Padre was so awesome...and it's the off season, so there wasn't any annoying partying going on. Our hotel (which was super cheap but super nice) was right on the beach on the Gulf side of the island. Awesome. We bought 36 lbs of fresh grapefruit at a roadside fruit stand in the Rio Grande Valley...YUM!!! We kept about a third of it, and sent the rest home for my brother and my family.

Tuesday - walking and driving all over Austin before my bro and sis-in-law left last night.

Today - 150 burpees for time. I did it in 10 minutes 11 seconds. Then we did situps - 2 minutes, 30 second rest, 1 minute, 30 second rest, and then 30 seconds. I did 91 in 2 minutes, 42 (I think) in 1 minute, and I cannot remember how many in 30 seconds...either 22 or 27...I know - huge difference between those two, but I cannot remember.

Anyway, I didn't try to eat healthy while my bro and sis-in-law were here...we ate on the go a lot, and out a lot....so I had Chinese, Japanese, Mexican, good ol' Texas barbeque, gelato, and a ton of grapefruit.... Salad is what's for dinner tonight!!!

1 comment:

amber said...

your holiday sounds amazing! And don't sweat the diet changes; its the holidays and you'll get back on track. I have to completely overhaul my diet now that I'm home with an actual kitchen and time to cook in it!