Saturday, December 30, 2006

Saturday morning fun

This morning I dragged DH to the community Crossfit workout at Town Lake. DH did NOT want to get up and work out, but he was a good sport about it and ended up have a good workout.

We did the normal warmup - squats, pushups, quarter-squat rotations, Bergener's warmup, a few line drills...then we did agility ladders for a bit, nothing too intense. Then we did something like 20/10, rotating through 4 stations, 3 times, of dumbbell push presses, KB swings, pushups with an open up at the top, and some sort of fast feet thing, holding a pvc pipe and pushing it out and bringing it back in, in front of the chest... After that we did 50 cleans. I used a 16kg...I felt like I could've done it with a 20 kg (but they didn't have a 20 kg there, so it didn't matter). Then we did 4 minutes of incline plane, with the option to take a 10 second rest every minute. DH and I took the rest breaks...but it sure didn't seem like it was really 4 minutes. I think that was about it. It was a fun workout, and I felt pretty good.

Then we went home, and I did 60 more pushups, and 60 situps.

I've never been one for making New Year's resolutions, but this year I was thinking about it. Maybe not resolutions, as much as goals. But for one of them, I was thinking of doing at least 15,000 pushups during 2007. That averages to 41 a day...but some days, obviously, I'll do more, and some less. I would like to eventually get to the point of being able to do 50 without stopping. Right now I can do about 25 without stopping...so this would make pushups more of an endurance exercise for me. I don't want to set myself up for overtraining, but I don't think its that extreme....thoughts?


Be strong!

No comments: