Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Sunny and cool Christmas

Today I ran 4.1 miles. It was 60 degrees out and sunny...wore a short-sleeve shirt and pants, but I would've felt better in a long-sleeve shirt. Anyway, I did the run in just under 39 minutes...I need to take my running more seriously again, and get that time down. My long-term goal is to be running 8-minute miles, and that's not going to happen unless I start running more consistently again.

Last Friday I did the Fight Gone Bad workout from Crossfit. It was good...I hate sumo high pulls...

Even though DH and I have been married 6 years, and this was our 7th Christmas together, this was the first time that we've ever cooked our own holiday dinner...we always went to my parents house for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Since that wasn't going to work this year, we bought a fresh turkey, and roasted it. We packed fresh rosemary, oregano, thyme, and parsely under the skin and in the cavity, and rubbed it with olive oil, before throwing it in an oven bag. That worked quite nicely, and the meat was delicious. We also made a wild rice and mushroom dressing, homemade cranberry sauce, bourbon pecan smashed sweet potatoes, whipped golden potatoes, sauteed rapini, and sauteed green beans. Yes, that is a ton of food for three of us (DH's sister came over for dinner), but I don't have to cook for a few days, and we packaged up a whole bunch of complete dinners and threw them in the freezer. Good stuff.

I hope you are all having a wonderful Christmas! Be strong!

No comments: