Monday, December 04, 2006

Winter in the Lone Star State

Ran 3 miles last night. It was cold...well, I felt cold. It was in the 40's. Shortly after leaving the house, I had to return to add another layer of clothing. My sister-in-law saw me and called me a Texan. :D

Good workout this morning. Descending sets of KB front squat to overhead press, alternating with sets of throw-backs. I used the 12kg's, which was challenging because it was a continuous workout. The sets were all completed with minimum rest.

Its really hard for me to get up at 5 a.m., but I feel AWESOME when I workout first thing in the morning. I wish I had the discipline to train this hard this early on my own... 29 degrees when I left the house, by the way...winter does come to the Lone Star State, too.

I need to start getting more pushups and chinups in during the week. I did not do a good job of that last week. I think I may do a pushup-chinup-situp workout this evening. Be strong!

No comments: