Tuesday, March 06, 2007

it took some work

but I did manage to get a workout in. Most of the work was getting off the bed after I threw myself down onto it. I didn't work all that hard today, but for some reason I'm exhausted. Its probably because I haven't actually done work in awhile.

Anyhow, workout today:
Down the mountain of burpees (15 to 1)
Up the mountain of JR (10-150 in increments of 10)
(these two exercises were paired, so as I decreased burpees, I increased JR)

It took me about 22 minutes.
Then I did 25/20/15/10/5 of PW pikes and curls. I need to strengthen my hammies and let my hip flexors relax, so I need to build in more supine bridge. Its affecting the way I stand, and my back starts to hurt when standing up all day. Which is not a good problem for a surgery intern!

4 comments:

K-Smash said...

Hey, thats a cool workout. I like that. I'll have to try that sometime. I like your workouts...you always have something new and fun to try.

:)

madison said...

good workout! I'll try that one at home, although I share the short hip flexor, under-used hamstring problem, and yes, my lower back hurts when I stand for long... I've been doing more leg curls, supine bridge, and even working up to ultra-dome (backbend) but only as far as I can go with good form. Good means that the highest part of the dome is your extended hip joints (not the pelvic bones which would hinge the lower back).

amber said...

ooh, that dome position sounds very good! I may have to look that up, to find some starting point. Or maybe get some help from you sometime (I miss seeing you at the MBG, by the way!)

K-Smash said...

I like that dome position, but I have no idea where I am collapsing and where I need to be active...