Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Wicked Wednesday Workout

3 rounds for time:
800 m run
~75 walking lunges
30 pushups

After my first round, Adam told me to bring my hands in close and start doing my pushups that way. That made my triceps burn, and slowed me down a lot, but it was good.

Last week my little brother had knee reconstruction surgery. Last night he went back into the hospital, and somewhere around 10 p.m. they operated again, because he had developed a severe infection within the knee. The surgeon said it was really bad... Hopefully now he'll heal quickly. At times like this, I really hate living 1200 miles away, but his wife is there with him, so he's in good hands. :)

3 comments:

madison said...

Scary about your brother. Surgery is never routine. I am glad he has people who giving him loving care from nearby and afar. That workout sounds excellent. I have a very hard time with push-ups when my hands and arms are kept close in. I'm going to start integrating some of them into my few workouts with push-ups.

K-Smash said...

Yeah, so my bro is going to be on intravenous antibiotics for 4 weeks. I wish I could be there, but he just needs rest anyway...

Those close-in pushups are hard as heck!! I really felt them yesterday. It surprised me though - I thought I would feel them in my triceps, but I felt them in the front of my shoulders and the top front edge of my biceps. I need to do more of those too...

madison said...

It makes a lot of sense that is where you would feel them. The position requires a lot more stretching down the front of the shoulder along the biceps. I wondered if your shoulders would feel the strain when you first described the altered position. I know mine will!