Sunday, March 25, 2007

running fool

Well, with the weather being what it is (which is BEAUTIFUL) I've been working out outside. Yesterday was an easy ~5miles (from MBG to Sheraton and back), with 50 flights of stairs on the way out. Which made my butt sore today! During my stairs, I met a girl from Charlottesville and stopped to talk about the city and some of the running stuff they have there. The rest was much needed, and its great to hear about all the outdoor opportunites I'll have in VA!

Today I did a roadwork type run. I did variable intervals (anywhere from 3-7 min) stopping every so often to do some stationary exercises. Pushups, handstands, jumps onto picnic table benches, you get the picture. I even passed a playground and was able to get some pullups in. The whole thing took about 50 minutes, and was so much fun!

1 comment:

K-Smash said...

That's really cool that you met someone from Charlottesville!

Both of those workouts sound cool. I miss stairs. I like the idea of throwing in random exercises during a run too. I'm always too lazy to do that... Maybe we'll have to do something like that when you come visit. :)