Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Wednesday

Today I messed around without any particular number of sets or reps in mind. I did overhead squats, renegade rows, and deadlifts.

I started out with a 45 lb bar for the OHS, but moved up to 65 lb. I felt like I could probably go heavier, but I decided to work at 65 lbs today. Next week I think I will try them again and see how high I can go for a 5x5 maybe.

Renegade rows with the 16s, mostly. I did a set of 12, and a couple sets of 24. Then I tried the renegade rows with the 20s, which I could do, but had a hard time rowing the KB up high enough...so I went back to 16s.

Deadlifts...first I tried 2x32 lbs...I didn't feel like I could get the movement just right, so I loaded a bar and did them that way instead. With the bar I did a few sets at 135 lbs. I felt like I could've lifted more, but my energy was so-so and I wasn't going all out today...

That's it for now...be strong!

No comments: