Monday, March 19, 2007

Running, swimming, belly-dancing

Hey! So, still staying with mostly running and swimming, noticed how/when breathing seemed to tighten up and what was happening. I think it really is more vocal chord spasms than anything else. When I do the rescue breathing strategies, they help enough, but with swimming it was almost too much to be able to do them when I was actually swimming so I stopped short of a mile. I noticed that I have good actions with my breathing in the lower abs, but at my solar plexus there is still a lot of tightness, even when I'm really trying. So, my thought is to take a happier approach to all of it and take some bellydancing lessons. For me, dancing is always the best therapy!

No workout today, late class tonight, but I'll report back tomorrow morning on my workout.

1 comment:

K-Smash said...

Sounds like you are making some positive progress.

Belly dancing is an awesome strategy! And it is soooo cool! I think you will be a very elegant belly dancer...where are you learning it at? Can't wait to hear more!