Monday, March 05, 2007

on the road again . . .

Not exactly, but I am in LaCrosse for March. Its the perfect time to make sure that I can keep on track on my own, without relying on the gym to keep me working out every day. And also to keep working out through sleep deprivation and other such badness.

Because K-smash remembered the 100 pushup challenge, and her post reminded me to do it, I also timed 100 pushups. I was fresh though, with no previous thruster workout (those just sound hard!) to make me tired. So I did 100 pushups in 4:18.

Then, inspired, I also did the remainder of my workout in 100's for time:
hindu squats in 2:04
situps in 3:16
90 degree chins in 3:56
burpees in 5:48

Burpees was saddest; I've never timed them since I set my personal record last summer. But I did it, and its almost 2 minutes slower, but I'll have to work back toward that breakneck pace I had at one time.

1 comment:

K-Smash said...

Ha....and you're worried about being able to keep up with me? Nutcase - you rock! Those are awesome times!

So last summer you did 100 burpees in under 4 minutes? Thats insane. How are you going to train for that? Intervals? I want to improve my burpee time and stamina too...maybe I'll incorporate intervals of burpees in more of my workouts. The other day I tried one-footed and one-hand burpees. The one-hand ones were easy, but the one-foot ones were hard.

Anyway, good job on those pushups! I'm jealous! :D