Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Dragging in this morning

But I did make it to a workout. This was one-armed kettle bell workout 3 each side for a total of 6, 6 X through.

1-arm cleans--28 K
1-arm press--20 K
1-arm front squats--28 K
1-arm swings--28 K
(1-arm snatches) more advanced Didn't do these.

I did 4 sets not six. Really felt slow on this workout. I'm finding that my lower back is acting up on cleans, and I think it's because my legs and hamstrings have become more activated which means that I don't flex as readily at the hips (hamstrings are tighter) or maybe I'm not integrating the action of the legs into action of the hips smoothly and my lower back is taking a tiny hit with each clean. Or maybe my hip flexors are getting too tight and pulling at the lower back. I'll check it out when I go for my massage on Thursday. I'm a little unsteady with my form on the presses, I could press more, if I had confidence in controlling it. That is also why I didn't do the snatches. I'll need some one on one coaching for a bit before I really master it. I may go for a run tonight, just to get a little energy flowing. Be strong!!

1 comment:

K-Smash said...

I love that workout...and those are some really nice weights you're working with! You rock, even if you don't feel high in energy.

You're so good at analyzing what's going on with overcompensations. I'll be very interested to hear what you determine is going on with the lower back. My first thought is that you are disconnecting the action of the legs to the action of the hips like you said...but it could be a combo of those things too.