Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Still recovering...

I've been exhausted the last couple days, and this morning it took all my will power to get myself out of bed to get to the gym. I ran 800 m and decided not to work out. I felt way too heavy and sluggish, and I knew that I need another day of rest.

I either have a virus or I'm just over-trained from last weekend (which was totally worth it!).

Thursday burpees and I did a fairly easy workout together..I think we did some overhead squats, some barbell snatches, and whatever else we felt like doing). Friday morning we did a hard workout (15 overhead squats, 15 pushups, 15 chins, row 500; x3). Saturday we walked around San Antonio for hours, and then did a short intense workout at night (75 burpees, 75 wall ball, 50 jump lunges, 25 PW curls). Sunday we ran 4 miles at Town Lake, and then spent the day hiking at Enchanted Rock. Monday we did an intense workout in the morning (~4 rounds of 30 burpees, 30 wall ball, 400 m run), and then a few hours later, Adam spent some time teaching us some o-lifts (snatches, clean and jerk). So, by the time Monday night came along, I was completely wiped out. I guess another day of rest is reasonable. I'm actually going to rest until I really feel strong again, and then I'll do another hard workout. :)

1 comment:

amber said...

I'm still pretty sluggish too. Better now that I'm sleeping normal hours, but I still haven't put in a good solid workout. Ah well, I still feel pretty good :)