Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Walking Tall

Well, last night had 2 more hours of stilt walking lessons. It is not difficult, but for me it is anxiety producing, until I can get used to / over the fear of falling---which is actually not as much of a problem as it seems. I wear in-line skate kneepads, and there is a technique to falling. So, it's all a mental game right now. Worked out this morning, not any really structured workout. I guess I'm still feeling a little sluggish from the weekend overtraining. I have to observe that I need more time to recover than I used to. Not that that makes me old or anything. But I do need more time. So, this morning:

HEY warm-up: table, kneeling mountain, prone mountain, table, incline plane, down dog, incline plane, standing mountain, forward flexion, front warrior. (just thought I'd throw this in.)

15 push-ups
8 chin-ups (light jump at the start)
walking lunges

Then people came in from class and I started doing what they were doing which was a static hold workout:

handstand (2 sets accumulated 1.5 minutes)
chin hold at 90 degrees (accumulated 30 sec over 3 sets)
wall sit w/2X16 K (30 seconds, then stopped because knees were really protesting)
one-foot balance holding 16 K overhead (30 s each foot)
leg curls with stability ball (30 s each leg held at flexed starting position)

Have a lot of meetings today. Need to really pay attention to keeping a balance between work and everything else...Hence, stiltwalking until 9:30 at night...

1 comment:

K-Smash said...

Sounds like some good stuff! The stilt walking sounds fascinating. I would be scared out of my mind.

I hear you on needing more time to recover...and I think a lot factors into that, including stress levels at work/family/whatever, diet, sleeping habits, weather, viruses... I know I haven't been giving myself enough recovery time and it catches up with me...