Monday, May 21, 2007

Following my own advice...

So, had a beautiful workout on Friday morning, had a great day at work, came home feeling up, up, up!!! Light dinner, fun conversation, went for a run Friday night, got up Saturday morning and went to workout. FIT was a c-band partnered resistance. I found a good strong awesome partner and a new red c-band. We did 4 sets for 6 minutes each:

Resisted running (trade off resisting and running with each length of the floor).
Resisted slides
Resisted crawling for frog jumps (really hard!)
Resisted jumping jacks (hard to keep symmetry).

Then HEY (great for realignment, had to step out of most poses).

Then after a little lunch yard work (more garlic mustard, still not done).

Sunday: I was in pain! 2 hours of trapeze and contact improve dance. Didn't expect to become very active with this but darn it I'm a slave to the music!

Slept extra long last night, drank lots of water Saturday and Sunday, ate a lot of veggies and fruit. Monday morning workout:

40 clean squat press (2X 16 ks)---Lightened up, because, I could tell I'm headed for trouble if I don't manage the intensity.

20 Turkish get ups (1 16 k). We were supposed to do 40, but I could only get 20 done. I'm o.k. with that!

Be strong AND be smart! Take care of those beautiful strong bodies!

2 comments:

K-Smash said...

BBG, you are one awesome woman! This is a great post - you're working hard, recovering well, and living life the way you should!

madison said...

Thanks K-Smash! I'm going for a bikeride later, but no FIT class for me today. Just need a little more recovery time from the weekend and yesterday. I love feeling like this. I know it won't last, but it sure is a good feeling when it's here!