Friday, May 04, 2007

Yowwzaa

Fun, fun, fun last night. Took a stilt-walking class in preparation for a show I'm going to do this summer. The stilts I was learning on weren't very tall, but tall enough to feel scary. Got to walking forward, backwards, and sideways without needing to hold anyone's hand for balance. Really looking forward to feeling like I can dance a little on them. Anyway, the stilts strapped onto my legs just below the knee, and were over-balanced to the outside, so each step really pulled hard to the outside. It was HEAVY push inner shinbone in and forward feedback. My feet and ankles felt a little tweaky this morning, but I still had a good workout:

50 yards wall walk
run around the building
50 yards pole climb/cliff hangers
run around the building
50 yards lunges (2X16K)
run around the building
50 yards broad jumps
run around the building

For the wall walk and the pole climb I substituted 50 box lunges (each side) and jump rope because I didn't want to take my shoes off and on. Play hard!!

1 comment:

K-Smash said...

Stilt walking?!?! Awesome! You are so cool!

I think 50 box lunges per leg would make my legs fall off. :)