Friday, May 11, 2007

lots of sore spots

So that sprint workout from yesterday kicked my butt. My hammies are sore today and my butt's hurting too. The sprints were fun though, and felt pretty fast.

Today I did a card deck: cleans and presses (using 40#), capoiera lunges, and PW rollouts. The weight was low, but I still feel overtrained and I wanted more of a cardio kick, so I did all sets very, very speedily. That was this morning, and now my abs hurt so much from rollouts! That exercise is unparalleled in how much it builds your core, I swear.

Then during class I took K-smash's advice and stood on a balance board for 2 hours! We'll see how my feet feel about that tomorrow :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
K-Smash said...

That deleted comment was mine. I was confused...

Anyway, I haven't done PW rollouts in a loooooong time. I think I will try them again this next week. They were always too hard for me, so I should try them again now...

I do love overhead squats for working on my core. I am so sick of situps, but I need to start ramping up my situp and pushup training again...I need to be ready. :)

amber said...

thanks for the reminder on OH squats. I will put them into my warmup tomorrow.