Tuesday, August 21, 2007

6 week countdown began Monday

No, I don't have a date yet...but I am forcing myself to be ready in 6 weeks, which is the first possible date. If a spot opens up, I want to be able to say, "Of course I'm ready to go!"

Yesterday I did three rounds of 10 barbell cleans (95 lbs), 10 barbell snatches (65 lbs), and 10 overhead squats (75 lbs). I also rowed for 5 sets of 30/30 each round. I think that was it. I can't remember exactly.

Today I did five rounds of: 10 pushups with 15 lbs on my back, 10 pushups with no added weight, 10 90-degree pullups (but using an overhand grip on a stationary bar instead of the rings), and a whole bunch of situps each round. I did about 30 un-anchored situps with my hands behind my head, and then 10 to 20 with a 12kg KB on my chest, and then 10 with a 5 or 10lb plate held behind my head. By the end I probably did about 200 situps. After my first round, I also did a set of flutter kicks, and after my last round, I did a set of a pilates exercise I learned from Adam.

Sunday I took off. I was going to go for a run in the evening, but DH said I should take another recovery day, so I did. Good thing I did - I'm already tired and its only Tuesday! Luckily I get to go into work an hour later tomorrow morning, so that should help. I could go in at my normal time and participate in the workout, but maybe an extra hour of sleep would be better. Be strong!

No comments: