Tuesday, August 14, 2007

I'm feeling hot, hot, hot!

Texas summer is here! Hittin' the century mark! I am spiking my water with unflavored Pedialyte, and I definitely feel a difference.

This morning I did a very short jump rope warmup, then 2x400 m on the rower, 2x60 situps, 3x5 pushups with 25lbs on my back, 3x5 pushups with 35lbs on my back, and a few pathetic attempts at pullups. Bleh! I can't decide if that was a sufficient workout for today or not. I would've done more but I ran out of time. I may or may not do a few more pushups, pullups, and situps this afternoon between sessions.

Be strong!

3 comments:

madison said...

Strong work K-smash!!! If you want to climb the mountain on your push-ups/sit-ups, structure the stages: how many push-ups/sit-ups in a row, and how much resistance for each, varying resistance and reps across days, and upping each by a certain number each week. Same with the sprinting for each day---vary the trade-off between distance and time and then upping the level the next week. Maybe you are doing that, but it may provide a little structured motivation in the absence of the MBG crowd. :-D

madison said...

P.S., I posted the same message, basically, twice because it didn't show up after I posted. Sorry for the redundancy...

K-Smash said...

That's exactly what I am trying to do! I do weighted pushups, high rep unweighted pushups, and then test with one set of consecutive pushups once a week each, on different days. For running, I'm varying between 100 to 400 m for sprints, quarter mile to half mile intervals, and then longer runs, where I run a steady pace. I should really start doing mile intervals. Those have always been effective for me. They're just a bit long to be doing in this heat.

So does this sound like what you're suggesting? I think we're on the same page. :D

I've had that happen before too, where I end up posting twice because the first post doesn't appear. :)