Wednesday, August 22, 2007

HOT!!!!

Jeez! I went for a four mile run today and it was HOT! I went about 2 pm, because that was the only time that would fit in my schedule and I needed to get it in. It was in the lower 90's, but the humidity was about 55% and the sun was BLAZING!!! I had to take a couple breaks to walk circles in the shade, and when I was near a water fountain, I splashed water all over myself. I decided to weight myself before and after the run to see how much water I would lose...the difference was 1.7 lbs. I also took my temperature when I got home...my temperature is normally about 97.6, but when I got back it was up to 99.6. I felt much better after a cold shower...

Anyway, that's it for today. Adam challenged me to try to beat his 150 wall ball time, so I may try that tomorrow. He also wants me to set a time for 150 burpees for him to try and beat. What a nut. Be strong!

4 comments:

madison said...

You are training hard!! It's good to have someone pushing to set a goal that a little different and makes things fun. Be careful with that heat!

K-Smash said...

I am so nervous that if I get called to take the PFT again in the next couple weeks that I won't be ready. The thought of taking the test again is what is driving me through my workouts right now...

madison said...

So, you have really spent some time focusing on your physical preparation... What are you doing about your mental game, apart from not doing anything and freaking out and driving all your effort into the physical exam? Because, as you know, or as you had better know, you have built up tremendous reserves of physical strength. It's all there for you to tap into. How do you keep yourself tapped into it? Isn't that an important part of the preparation?

madison said...

I want to add one more thought. It's from the MBG philosophy. When you doubt your ability, check yourself. And tell yourself: "that's me being afraid that I'm really as brilliant and powerful as I really am." Try it. Believe it. See what happens.