Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Time to get serious...again

Well, I heard from my future employer this week and it looks like I will find out my start date soon. The earliest I could start would be in 7 weeks, so I need to be prepared.

This is my plan:
1. Train specifically for my PFT every week.
2. Commit myself to getting 8 hours of sleep a night.
3. Go back to a very strict nutrient-rich diet balanced between protein, carbs, and fats...I'll allow myself a beer on the weekend if I have accomplished all my weekly goals...
4. Take a vitamin and an iron supplement every day.

My weekly training plan, for now is:
Mondays: Cross train (any combo of exercises not related to the PFT)
Tuesday: Pushups, situps, pullups, run.
Wednesday: Run
Thursday: Cross train
Friday: Pushups, situps, pullups, run.
Saturday and Sunday: Rest one day, and the other day run through the test and afterwards do a few extra sprints.

I need to work some long runs in too, but I'm not sure where I'm going to do that.

So far this week:
Monday:
4 x 20 wall ball with the 20lb med ball
4 x 20 burpees
2 x 320 m run
2 x 400m row

Tuesday:
7 x 5 pushups with 25 lbs on my back
4 pullups from my tip-toes
3 x 60 situps
4 x 400 m row

Today the plan is to run in the evening when I get home for about 30 to 40 minutes. Hopefully it will be cooler by then. Then I need to go to bed by 9. I went to bed about 9 on Monday, and at 10 last night.

If you have any suggestions about my training, let me know. I need to be ready by October!

Be strong!

3 comments:

madison said...

Honey, you will be ready... Your workout plan sounds great, and you have a lot of running in there, so I'm wondering how it is that a longer run is missing... Maybe one of the cross-training workouts could be swapped out for a long run. Or, you could go with very low-resistance, perfect form on one of your strength training days and take the long run in the evening. Strong work!

K-Smash said...

The running on the days with the pushups, pullups, and situps (Tuesdays and Fridays) are short bursts of running. 300 to 800 m.

Last night I did a bit under 4 miles. I just feel a little insecure right now. I guess I feel the pressure of the countdown. :)

amber said...

your workout plan sounds great! I have no doubt that your long run for the PFT will be above adequate. And sprinting will help that, and getting in one long run a week is sufficient, in my opinion.

perhaps I'll steal some of your workout plans!