Sunday, August 26, 2007

Too hot to handle...

Today DH and I headed over to the track to run through my test. He decided that he'd run through it too. That turned out to be a very bad idea. More on that in a bit.

I went into the practice test today knowing that I would not be going at it 100% because I was still sore, still a bit tired, and it was SCORCHING hot on the track. I still scored well. Plenty of points to pass, plus a significant cushion. So I feel more confident than I have been.

DH did the situps, pushups, and the sprint, and then decided to call it quits, which I thought was a good idea. I started the run, and was almost finished with one lap to go, when I saw DH kneeling on the ground, bent over. I cut my run short one lap to get him out of the heat... Luckily DH felt much better once I got him home and got some fluids in him. Whew!

Be strong!

2 comments:

madison said...

O.K. That's great that you got the reality check by taking your practice on a "weak" day and discovering that you have everything you need to pass that test. The other reality check is DH's experience, as well as your good work in recognizing your "signs" and deciding not to train when you are still too sore etc. Strong work K-Smash!

amber said...

nice job on the test. If you can pass in that heat, you can do it anytime! I'm so proud of you.

And remind your DH to keep hydrated ;P Pedialyte works wonders.