Sunday, August 05, 2007

Vacation over...

Hey! I'm back to work tomorrow, and back to the gym in the morning. I worked out Friday and that was fun---a prison workout starting with 10s of:

D-ball clean, walking lunges or front squats, push-presses. I used the 55# d-ball and felt pretty good by the end. Did some power wheel rollouts for core at the end.

Saturday I did the fit class which was 100s of:

mountain climbers
skaters
hindus
chest-pass
snowboarders
burpees
touchdowns

I broke it into 4 sets of 25 which worked for everything except the burpees on the last two sets. So, those I split with around the touchdowns.

Then had yoga class after that, and it was the BEST yoga class I have ever had. Ali is such a good teacher! And I'm becoming a better student. I'm really working with not forcing any pose and really paying attention to the feeling of where I'm in contact with the floor and working from there. I was really worn out the rest of the day, and am taking today off. I've been eating a lot of food I normally don't permit myself (e.g., cake and pasta). But it's been delicious and I feel like that itch has been scratched. That's about it...I hope I get to see you in class soon, Burpees! Be strong!

No comments: