Thursday, August 23, 2007

Up to the challenge

So I accepted Adam's challenge. He told me to use a 15 lb med ball and try to beat his time (he used a 20 lb ball). He did 150 wall ball in 8:30 yesterday, and today I did 150 in 8:16. He said he'll do it again next week and shave a minute off his time. I'm sure he can, but not so sure that I could keep up with that pace. I'm going to have to do 150 burpees again sometime soon and set a time for him to beat.

Anyway, after my 150 wall ball, I did single clean-and-presses with the 24 kg KB. I don't have any idea how many I did...probably around 10. Not that many.

I'm freaking out about whether or not I would be able to pass the PFT right now, if they called and wanted me to take it again. Hopefully, if that happens, it won't be for another couple weeks. I think I should definitely be ready by my self-imposed deadline of October, but I'm nervous that they'll call for me to take it earlier than that.

Alrighty....be strong!

2 comments:

madison said...

O.K. I have two things to say. Wall ball, is that chest pass? And 2:
That's you being afraid that you are as brilliant and powerful as you really are. It really is. Remember: Brilliant. Powerful.

K-Smash said...

You rock! I love you!

Wall ball - squat deep enough so that your butt touches a med ball on the ground behind you, then when coming out of the squat, throw the ball from your chest upward to hit a 10 foot tall target on the wall.

We can't do chest passes with the med balls at our gym because they don't bounce. :( I haven't done chest passes in sooooo long!

Thank you for being so supportive!