Saturday, August 25, 2007

To train or not to train....

....that is the question for the day. I was ready to force myself out on my favorite 4 mile route, but DH convinced me that I need another day of rest. I was super sore yesterday (no workout yesterday), and woke up this morning feeling better, but still a bit tender in my quads, upper hammies, and glutes...and I felt a bit cranky, which has turned out to be my telltale sign of over-training.

Tomorrow morning, DH and I are going to drag ourselves out of bed and head to the track for an early morning workout with one of the guys from the gym. We're going to the track, so I'm going to run through my test, and then run some flat sprints and some hill sprints, and do some extra situps and pushups.

So yesterday another trainer from Austin stopped by the gym to meet me. She got my info from Jon when she went to the CNT cert course earlier this month. It turns out that we work a couple blocks away from each other, so we're going to start getting together for workouts, and especially to do HEY together! WHOOOOO-HOOOOO! She seems VERY cool, and I am excited to do some partner work.

I hope you are having a great weekend! Be strong!

1 comment:

madison said...

HEY!! That's terrific! I'm glad you have someone who will have enough background to understand about giving and getting feedback. It helps me so much to use HEY as the warm-up and cool-down for my workouts.