Friday, October 20, 2006

I don't know where I am

"I don't know where I am. Actually, I know where I am, but I don't know if I can get to where I need to go from where I am."

That's the quote of the day. I said that while driving yesterday...and had no idea how applicable it was to the rest of my life, until today. And let me tell you, today was so frustrating. Its this whole job application process...having my dream job so close, yet also knowing that the stupidest things could keep me from getting it...

So anyway...Wednesday I had job stuff to take care of, and that took most of the day, so I didn't work out. Thursday was busy too, so in the evening I did sort of a playground workout - pushups, KB cleans, presses, swings, and snatches, mountain climbers, situps, foot-up lunges...no counting, no order...just a free for all... Today, I went rowing, for maybe an hour and a half. I'm not sure - my mind was not on rowing. Tonight DH and I went for a run, a little under 3 miles...we started out at an easier pace and keep progressing to a harder pace. At the end I sprinted up a hill, and according to my heartrate monitor, I got up to 180. My resting heartrate is generally around 55 or 56 when I'm sitting. I had an EKG on Wednesday, and my heartrate then was 48. Tomorrow we're going hiking at a state park...that will be fun! I can't wait.

Today in the morning I had some soymilk with some extra soyprotein...I had no time for breakfast, so that's why I had that. Lunch was canned salmon with fresh spinach, raw broccoli slaw, a flax-oat bran-whole wheat pita, and some yogurt mixed with curry powder and a little water. I had granola bar before rowing. Tonight I made baked tilapia, steamed broccolini, sauteed mushrooms, red bell pepper, and broccoli slaw with a little teriyaki sauce, and 1/4 baked acorn squash. I really want to make that anticancer soup this weekend...the recipe looks really good. Maybe Sunday.

Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day...be strong, girls...

1 comment:

madison said...

Hey K-smash! Part of the journey is learning to sit with the ambiguity...recognizing that you don't have all the control, and that you are still going to be o.k. and then embracing each moment and then the next one. Good for you! That's what you are doing!