Sunday, October 08, 2006

Machines are for Sissies

This past week I was on a neurosurgery rotation, so my workouts were pretty minimal. Except my call night, which consisted of sprints between the OR, floor and ER. :)

I taught Saturday classes, and did the card deck (JRX10, burpee, skater, heavy russian twist) with the 9am class, which was nice. I also went on a short bike ride, around the Cap City loop. It was the most gorgeous fall day thus far. I love fall in Wisconsin.

Today I am teaching Power60, and hopefully working out as well. Its gauntlet day. I'm trying hard to get people to come to Power60, many are intimidated by its name or something, and always tell me they are afraid to try it. I wish I had a way to get the word out there that it is a good hybrid class. Haven't had much support from Jess and Jon though, so that makes it hard too. Ah well.

You all sound so happy and FIT! I'm glad, but very jealous. My stress level + time spent with school stuff is wearing on my fitness right now.

1 comment:

K-Smash said...

I am sure you already do, but keep telling people that everything in Power 60 can be scaled or modified just like any other class. That is a really fun class. I really liked the energy of the people who show up for Power 60...maybe one day this week, I'll take my JR and my KBs to the park and do a P60 workout myself. :)

I hope your stress level and work intensity lighten up a bit soon. Hang in there...you're doing great!