Thursday, October 19, 2006

Whatever it takes...

So, the week is flying by, and you all have been so good and encouraging to me! I think I'm adjusting to the change of season, and beginning (just beginning) to re-orient toward working out. I'll also say that I think my allergy medication (I take a LOT, I mean a LOT) of medicine before bedtime, and that may be what is leading to my slow mornings, which I seem to be experiencing as a failure because my ideal situation is to workout in the morning and then have a jog or bike ride in the evening if I want. Bookending my day with exercise seems to really help me. I know many would say, cut back on that medication, but for the first time in over 8 months, my allergies are under control so I'm sticking with my current program. In the meantime, diet was better yesterday and today so far. Will be hitting the salad bar for lunch (yum) and can I just say I really miss spinach? I really do. Making pumpkin soup for dinner. Saute one finely chopped onion, add One can of pumpkin, two cups chicken broth, 1/3 cup of peanut butter, red pepper flakes to taste. I have some fresh apples from my neighbors so I'll have an apple for dessert. Maybe if I get to bed early enough I'll get up and workout friday morning. but sleep comes first! Be strong!

2 comments:

amber said...

that allergy medicine is sedating, but if you can take it early enough in the evening and get a full night's sleep, you won't be too drowsy the next day.

I think you, just like K-smash, has this feeling that you aren't training as hard as you could be. I think that is craziness! Just look at your workout schedule. TWICE a day workouts?!? That's twice as much as many people work out in a day. If you are getting in 5-6 solid workouts a week, you're doing absolutely great. If you feel like you're not making fitness progress, its time to set a goal and climb the mountain!!!

madison said...

Thanks burpees. You are right, and I've been working at developing a better perspective. Obviously, a lot of the dissatisfaction isn't always about the workout!