Saturday, January 27, 2007

Breaking Through

Hey Everyone,

Life is great....I have been working out with J and J and some other CNT's at 1:00 everyday. I hit a plateau and couldn't figure out how to get out of it. I was talking with them over sushi right before Christmas and they told me that they would help me "break through"

All I have to say is WOW. I have never worked out SO HARD in my life. I am a the end of my third week and here is what I have achieved. First of all I have already lost 10 of the 20 lbs that I have been trying to shed for awhile, and I am still eating a lot of food.

  • Military presses with the 16k's (had been stuck at the 12's)
  • Swings with the 20k's (had been stuck at the 12's)
  • Renegade Rows with the 28k's (can only do 2 reps on each side, but 5-6 sets)
  • 4 Down Dogs off the HIGH box
  • Low box jumps
  • Resisted flexion
  • 200 Frt Squats
  • 100 Knees to elbows
  • 16k one arm snatches
  • 20k one arm snatches (can pull off three on my right side, but cant get it up with my left...all in due time)

We are also training for the St. Jude Fundraiser in March. I am going to do 500 push-ups in an hour, but am on pace to do 600. I am doing it as a 15/15 and can go strong for 13 minutes. It took the first two weeks to get my pace and last week and this week, I increased my time! I am balancing that training with 15/15 Jump Chins. Can do 4 a minute and have only gone for 10 minutes!

My Diet is great:

Breakfast-Source of Life with rice milk, flax, kale, and banana or pineapple
snack-apple with peanut butter or fruit of some sort
Lunch- tofu and steamed veggies with brwn rice or a co-op pita sandwich with veggies, hummus, and tofu!
snack-fruit or veggies and hummus or co-op muffin if I need carbs
Dinner- soup or steamed veggies with a bit more tofu.

I have been having greasy spoon breakfast of eggs and potatoes on Sat or Sun and I feel good about that. I feel so good to have broken through my plateau! I cant wait to see how strong I am in 6 months :D

I will try to post more often! I miss you guys!

Be STRONG

2 comments:

K-Smash said...

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You rock, Guns!!!!!!!!

Very cool post - I am SO excited to hear about your progress!! Keep it up!

madison said...

Yowza! I'm inspired!