Monday, January 22, 2007

A case of the Mondays

Well, the day started off blah, but finished better. I was supposed to teach at the gym this morning, but due to a miscommunication, thought it was next week. So I didn't show up, and felt guilty that I made someone else's life harder. I did help teach at 5 and 6 pm; the Challenge started today so those classes were filled to the brim with newbies. It was fun!

My butt is very sore from yesterday's workout (its the lunges):
lunge 20yd, sprint 40yd: 8 minutes
D ball carry: 8 minutes
Agility ladder: 8 minutes
Thinker core: 8 minutes

Today, I backed off on Body Power (you'd be so proud of me! But it felt sorta humiliating)
40 halfseys
40 90 degree chins
40 jump squats
40 swings with 24k
But my shoulder did not protest, and I felt it was a good workout overall. More yoga cooldown, which feels excellent on the shoulder. I need to do more kneeling mountain for my back, though. I'll do that tomorrow.

4 comments:

K-Smash said...

Remember when I thought the running class was at 11, but it was at 10? And you saved my butt that morning by showing up and taking over...so don't worry about it. Everything still thinks of you as the superstar that you are. :D And if they don't, let me know. I'll have words with them. ;p

8 minutes of 20yds of lunges and 40 yds of sprinting sounds great!! I could do it at the track, and take my sandbags for the carry, line drills instead of the ladder, and the thinkers for core...that would rock. I wonder if DH would be up for that...heh heh heh...HE may want to have words with YOU! :)

K-Smash said...

I meant everyone. Everyone still thinks of you as a superstar...

Nice typing, brainiac...

amber said...

do it!! It's a killer workout. You and DH can do a tag team carry, where you go X yards, then he picks up the bag and goes X yards. That would be awesome.

When I was in LaCrosse, I liked agility ladder exercises so much that I once drew the agility ladder out in chalk :)
How big of a nerd am I?

K-Smash said...

You drew the ladder in chalk? That is so freakin' awesome! I love it!

This Saturday we're going to another Crossfit workout together...so maybe I'll drag him to the track on Sunday if he's not too sore.