Thursday, January 18, 2007

Day Off

I decided to take today off. I feel unusually tired, I have a weird pain in my left side, and I plan to work out hard tomorrow...so today's an off day. I think I am going to do a workout Saturday based on all the exercises I haven't done in a long time. So far my plan is to do hindu pushups, alligator pushups, diamond pushups (prob on my knees), renegade rows, cable full extensions, one-arm open-up body rows, and around-the-world and regular thinkers.. I know its heavy on pushups, but what can I say? I'm obsessed with pushups...I'll make it a circuit and go back and forth between pushing and pulling.

So last night I threw together some quick soup for dinner, and let me tell you, it was awesome!! I just was using up some stuff I had, but it was sooooo good. I am going to share with you how I made it, because it was darn good.

Ksmash's Kickin' Soup (I am such a dork!! Ha ha!!)

1 15 oz can Health Valley Organic Vegetable Soup
1/2 cup tomatillo salsa (use your favorite salsa)
1 large chopped tomato
1 small jalepeno, minced
1 boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed
1 tablespoon Penzey's bold taco seasoning
some water - maybe 1-2 cups (to desired consistency)

1 avocado, cubed
2 corn tortillas (I prefer organic blue corn tortillas, but they are cheap and easy to get here - use what you can get...)

Combine everything except the avocado and tortillas in a saucepan and simmer at medium heat until chicken is cooked.

While soup is simmering, bake the corn tortillas until they are crisp. Let cool and then break into small pieces (or cut into strips).

To serve, put about 1/4 cup cubed avocado in a bowl, a handful of the tortilla pieces, and ladle the soup on top. Delicious!

Stay warm, and be strong!!!

6 comments:

amber said...

I'm also taking the day off, due to a combination of soreness and sickness. It makes me especially mad that I have to do this, though, because I've just re-started a routine. I think I must have pushed it too hard right away, and now am paying for it.

ps: soup sounds good. We'll see about trying to make it though; my last soup idea tanked!

madison said...

Hey! I love it that we are all on the "day off" plan today. I shoveled my driveway out, finally, this morning so that counts a little toward exercise. I get a massage tonight, which should help with the soreness I still have in my upper traps from the clean-squat-press with the k-bells. Did I mention they are 20s? Is that annoying yet?

K-Smash said...

That is so awesome that you are using 20s!!!! When our budget is a little better, I think I might get a pair of 20's...or maybe a 16 and a 20. Need to think about whether I really need 16s, since I have the 12s...but no, I never get sick of hearing about your 20s!!!!

K-Smash said...

Burpees, I really hope you recover soon! Did you go to the dr at all, or still using OTC pain med?

What was your last soup idea? The frozen grilled eggplant in my freezer is calling me...and I have some organic pasta sauce in the cabinet...mmmm, sounds like a tempting combo!

amber said...

eggplant and sauce . . . that combo does sound delicious. I stuck with OTC's, arm is moving better. In fact, I will do yoga today, and a short run, and see if getting some blood flow to the area will help. I'll post after all is said and done tonight!

amber said...

ps: BBG, I'm very jealous and proud of your 20's. I think you ought to do a video demo for guns, so she can put it on YouTube! Seriously, how many women can do that?