Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Feeling great

Burpees inspired me to do the 15/15, which I followed up with some brief, but solid work with HEY.

I did three sets of 12 minutes, alternating between two exercises.
1. Pushups and 90 degree chins
2. Front squats and deadlifts with 2x12 kg
3. Situps and thinkers (front and side - more front)

I did a pretty good job of keep my reps the same for every set. The KBs were too light for deadlifts, but I really focused on strong form on every rep and made it a decent exercise anyway. The front squats are always challenging. I did 10 pushups per set, bringing me up to 120 for the workout, so that made me happy.

I felt great doing the HEY. I did pay close attention to my position in down dog and made sure that I wasn't hyperextending (thanks for the reminder BBG!)

So I made some really awesome greens last night. DH said they were OK, so that means they were good (he doesn't like greens). Anyway, I had a mix of collard, curly mustard, and radish greens. I wilted 1 lb of greens in a bit of water in a big saute pan, then added some fresh lemon peel and juice from half a lemon, black pepper, and a small drizzle of olive oil. It was great. Try it!

2 comments:

amber said...

10 pushups per set! That's great work.

I may try those greens; I also hate greens, and am always looking for ways to make them more palatable.

madison said...

The greens sound delish! I also like a little garlic. I like the bitterness of greens and I haven't made any for a while. I'm inspired!!