Sunday, January 21, 2007

Chicago Bears are going to be Superbowl!!!!! Whoooo-hooo!!!

DH has been glaring at me as I dance around the apartment celebrating the Bears' win. I've been a Packer fan for him for the past 8 years...now its his turn to be a Bear fan for me. :D

Anyway, today is BEAUTIFUL day, so I had to shelve the lower body workout and go for a run instead. It was 63 degrees and sunny when I went running, and there were hundreds of people out enjoying the sun. I did a workout similar to what Burpees did the other day, but because I was on the trail, I did it by time. 10 minute jog to warm up, 2 minute walk, 10 minute run, 2 minute walk, 7.5 minute run, 2 minute walk, 5 minute run, 2 minute walk, 2.5 minute run. I picked up the pace a little on every run, and kept the recovery walks at a brisk pace.

Alrighty....time to go dance around the apartment some more! Be strong!

4 comments:

madison said...

I'm right there with you on the Bears!!! I love them!! It snowed here so much on Sunday, that taking a run won't happen for a long time, unless it's on a treadmill and as you know, I ain't no sissy.

amber said...

there's nothing sissy about a treadmill. Boring, yes. But honestly, I push myself best on a treadmill, where the pace is predetermined and no amount of internal whining can make me slow down! Otherwise, on lazy day runs outside, I just loaf through when I should be pushing the pace a bit more.

madison said...

O.K., O.K., I hear you burpees...

K-Smash said...

OK, there are a few machines that I think are an exception to the rule. I like rowing machines, and I LOVE treadmills. I repeat, I LOVE TREADMILLS. Holy cow, I can't tell you how much they help me. Exactly like burpees said, you decide what the workout is going to be and punch in the numbers, and the only way you can slack off or quit is to make the decision to press the down key on the speed button. I love being able to be outside all the time here, but I do miss my treadmill access. I do better on treadmills than the track even. I guess its a mental thing, and that's the best way for me to push myself...