Monday, January 29, 2007

I need help!

I just posted a comment to K-smash, but I'm going public. I have no motivation to work out---none, and I can't believe it, because I used to feel addicted to it. Instead, I'm feeling overwhelmed, like even getting dressed and getting to work at a reasonable hour, and getting enough sleep, is the most I'm able to take on. O.K. I'm being a little dramatic, but part of it is because I feel like I used to be right there with you all, and now I can barely drag myself into the basement for 10 minutes of jump rope. What's happening? I guess I need to refocus. What AM I training for? Really? I like to feel strong, I like to feel energized, I like to feel centered. I guess that is what I'm training for now. Not an event. Rather for each day, just training to live my life. So, with that new insight, I'll focus on staying very light for the next two weeks. Just doing the workout, not trying to fry myself or recreate some MBG experience in my basement. I'll let you know how it goes! Thanks for listening...

2 comments:

Tough Chick said...

First of all, you are training for life and health!

Second of all, where have you been???? Can you find time to come and workout at the gym? I will meet up with you anytime you want! I feel much more motivated when I am surrounded by others!

amber said...

BBG:
If it helps, I find your ability to workout at home motivating. Even though you feel like its not as tenacious as at MBG, it is incredibly hard to do it alone. But I'll be forced to do it soon enough, so you are an inspiration to me.

Everyone goes through slumps. I'm in a pretty deep one right now too, although I'm pretty embarrassed to talk openly about it to you all. I have trouble getting motivated, because I'm having more bad workouts than good, and there's a lot of school/life on my plate that takes up time that my health needs. But that's neither here nor there.

I think all the advice you've gotten so far covers it. It sounds like you're going through a bit of a winter slump (the fancy name is seasonal affective disorder, lol), which is hard to avoid in Wisconsin. I think you're doing all the right things to help, diet and exercise-wise. It will only get better.

And guns is right, we all miss you at the gym, so anytime you have to work out there, please let me know and I'd love to do some stuff. :)