Sunday, January 28, 2007

Sunny Saturday

Wow - it was a beautiful day! Sunny and 70 degrees!

This morning DH and I managed to get up and go to the Crossfit workout. I was feeling pretty tired and sore, so I used lighter weights, but the workout felt good.

We started out with the usual warmup, and then the workout consisted of 75 overhead squats (I used a 12 lb med ball), 1/2 mile run, 75 push presses (same med ball...all the bars were taken, and heck, I did these yesterday), and 20 short sprints.

At home later, I did 100 pushups and 60 situps.

I made some awesome stir-fry tonight...onion, white and shiitake mushrooms, red bell pepper, carrots, kale, and tofu. I used very small amounts of Bragg's liquid aminos, Central Market teriyaki sauce, and sesame oil...just enough to give it a hint of flavor, but I wanted the taste the fresh veggies to come through more. It was great! I had the pan at high heat, and just kept adding small amounts of water to stir-fry the veggies, which worked really well.

Be strong!

1 comment:

madison said...

Sounds good! I'm appreciating the choice to go lighter sometimes. You are so disciplined! I wish I were in a more disciplined frame of mind for myself. I guess I need to ask myself the question I asked you----what am I training for? I can't answer it now and the result is that I can barely bring myself to workout. What's going on?