Friday, January 19, 2007

on the mend

I finally feel good! I just got back from a run; I did 2 miles, nice and easy. The only thing holding me back was my shoulder, actually, which doesn't feel quite right swinging fully during running yet. Then I came home and did 15 minutes of yoga poses, with lots of emphasis on supine bridge. My shoulder responded really well to that, and I think I'll continue adding in daily yoga for the time being.

Food: I'm in love with this breakfast. Its like the fruit and yogurt parfait at McDonalds sort of. I cover the bottom of a glass with about a 1/4 cup of mixed blueberries, blackberries and raspberries. I add 2 heaping tablespoons of vanilla yogurt. Then I top it with 1 heaping tablespoon of granola (whole oats + nuts + honey + vanilla, baked at 350 until golden). Its so good!

And I have to rave about one more thing: I went to dinner for the first time to Flat Top Grill, by Hilldale Mall. Its a make your own stir-fry place. You basically get a big bowl, which you can fill with rice, noodles, and/or any veggies you want. And then you get a small bowl, for meat. You can top both bowls with sauces of your choice. Its so good! Here's what I made:

brown rice, broccoli, edamame, carrots, sprouts, spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, baby corn, bamboo shoots, tofu, tuna, with peanut sauce, ginger water, and a little bit of pad thai sauce. My stir fry was easily big enough for dinner, as well as leftovers for lunch today! I highly recommend the place.

No comments: