Friday, January 19, 2007

I snatched the 20 kg today!

Whoo-hooo!!! After my workout today, I decided to try to snatch the 20 kg KB. I did two reps on each side. Yay!!! I called it quits then, because I was already tired from the workout and didn't want to drop the KB on my head.

Here's the workout:
3 rounds of: 30 1-arm swings (switching hands at top of every swing) + 30 snatches (15 each arm) + 30 burpees.

Then I did 4 sets of 15 pushups, 1 set of 60 situps, and 2 sets of 30 situps.

I was going to do more pushups too, but decided to hold off, because I am going to go pushup crazy tomorrow.

I think I half-@$$ed my swings today though. I need to have a mantra everytime I do swings, because if I don't concentrate really hard, my form degrades really fast. I don't sit my hips back as far as I should at the bottom of the swing, and then I have less power when I snap my hips forward at the top of the swing. The difference between a properly-executed swing and a crappy swing is so obvious too, because I can swing almost double the weight when I am doing the move properly. OK, that's it. A long-winded reminder to check my form on swings...

Be strong!!

1 comment: