Monday, September 18, 2006

Back into it

Alrighty...went for a hard 3 mile run with DH this morning. That was awesome. It seems like he really wants to start training with me...which makes me VERY excited!! I really, really, really hope this keeps up!

Tonight, I did a workout by myself... 3 rounds of:
20 pushups
15 chins (90 degrees)
10 overhead squats (with a cable)
45 situps

I wanted to use my two 23 lb dumbbells for the OH squats, but when I pressed them overhead, I felt that sharp pain in my left shoulder again. Grrrrr!!!! I thought that was gone!!!!

The workout tonight was OK, but I feel like I've lost some ground. While I can do pushups with heavier loads on my back, I don't feel confident that that approach is helping my pushup endurance. Tonight's workout felt harder than I think it should have felt. I think for the next few weeks, I am going to go back to workouts specific to the PFT. I was thinking two PFT-specific strength workouts per week, and one "cross-training" strength workout with other exercises. Then about three days of running, one day of sprinting, and one day of a FIT class type workout. Suggestions or ideas on this? I want to get to the point where 30 pushups in a row feels easy...

Nutrition is so-so...really bad when I was home visiting my family...then last week I had to be on this really weird diet because of some medical tests for my physical...annoying...no raw fruits or veggies allowed. I hated it. Now I am starting to get back to normal. Dinner last night was wrap made with hummus, avocado, tomato, cucumber, and lettuce. Breakfast today was a blueberry smoothie. Lunch was sauteed rainbow chard and a garden burger wrap. An apple and some almonds for a snack. Dinner was a half acorn squash and a glass of soymilk with some soy protein powder. I was going to make a veggie curry, but ran out of time. I can't wait until fresh spinach is available again too. I need to go to the store tomorrow and pick up some kale and watercress....mmmmmm....yum!

3 comments:

madison said...

You are doing a great job staying focused which is good and having a goal as you do will help. What is PFT?

Tough Chick said...

Hey You! Your workout plan sounds good. Don't be too hard on yourself about losing strength. You will get it back in no time. Your diet for yesterday sounded good. I love hummus and veggie wraps. What do you do with the kale and watercress again? Miss you!

K-Smash said...

BBG...PFT is Physical Fitness Test.
And DH is for Dear Husband. :D

Guns...I put kale in my morning smoothies. Usually kale-blueberry-banana, but sometimes I make kale-strawberry-banana or kale-pineapple-raspberry or whatever combo sounds good.

My favorite salad in the world is watercress with carrots, dried cranberries, chopped apple, and chopped almonds or walnuts. Yum!!!