Monday, September 25, 2006

Protein Power

Hola! Had a great weekend. My weekend started with a card deck workout on Friday night. The exercises were push-ups, chins, squats, and choice of extensions, sit-up and reach, touch downs or cable cleans. I did a combo of all of those. I forgot how much I like cable cleans and decided that I should do more of them. My push-ups are getting better everyday and I did full range for most of the workout, only giving in to halvsies a few times. BBG pointed out that I collapse at the bottom and let myself hit the floor hard, so that is something to work on.

I got up early on Saturday morning and went to FIT. It was also a great class, really tough, but good. I am noticing that the FIT classes are getting easier, but are still really challenging for me. The workout was all burpees and some of the variations were actually fun :) After FIT, I shadowed the yoga class. I got home and felt just completely spent, so I thought I would lay down for a bit and wound up sleeping for 4 hours. oops!

Thanks for the link to that nutrition web sit burpee girl. I really stepped up my protein intake. We went out to eat on Friday night and I had steamed scallops and a salad. On Saturday I ate a grilled chicken breast after working out and yoga and then I made the anti-cancer soup after my nap. It is really yummy. It is a lot of work, but worth it. And it makes a lot, so I froze about half of it! I bought some frozen soy walnut burgers from nature's bakery and had one of those, with some soup and strawberries for dinner.

Yesterday we made a lovely brunch of scrambled eggs with veggies and whole wheat organic pancakes with organic raspberries. I had a banana and peanut butter for a snack. For dinner I went out for a friends birthday to the El Dorado. I had the guacamole chalupa.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!
Be strong-

1 comment:

K-Smash said...

You know, I haven't done cable clean for a LONG time. I should really try some. Maybe today...

I'm happy to hear that you are improving in the FIT classes and enjoying them! Keep it up!!!!!!!

There are some pushup specific workouts that you can throw in to help with correct form for the full range of motion. One workout was where you did the top of the exercise a few times, then the bottom of the exercise for the same number of times, then the full range of motion. So you might do the top to half-way down five times, then from the floor to half-way up five times, and then the full range of motion five times.

There's also slow count pushups, where you stop, hovering just above the floor, and go back up on a slow count. Those are tough, but I find that they help me work on my form, alignment, and strength simultaneously (so yes, they are humbling). :)