Friday, September 22, 2006

Feeling the change of season

Worked later than planned yesterday and missed FIT. Figured that I needed an extended night at home anyway...Bernie (my 20 pound housemate) has been missing me. Feeling really sluggish. It's hard to get going in the morning, hard to find energy. I know it's just an adjustment to lost daylight, at least that's what it feels like. On the plus side, my allergy symptoms are gone. Won't say the allergies are though, taking too much medication to pretend that! Looking forward to a hard workout tonight. (Gunshow? 5:00?). That's all I have. Have been drinking a lot of coffee lately, compensation for my low energy levels due to allergies and now change of season. I'm contemplating switching to green tea---I know it's better for me. I'm not in a place to force anything yet though.

Bon Courage, Mesdames!

3 comments:

K-Smash said...

I admit that I am a coffee lover, although I have it as an occassional indulgence...its the flavor that I really crave, not the caffeine.

I like green tea a lot too. Its probably completely psychological, but I feel like I recover from hard workouts better when I have two to three cups of green tea a day.

I got a big bag of dried mint leaves from Penzey's, and sometimes I throw a couple mint leaves in when I am brewing the tea...very refreshing! Fresh mint is great mixed with green tea too, if you happen to find some at the Farmer's Market.

Tough Chick said...

coffee...yum...ok, I do miss coffee a bit too. I am with K-smash in that I love the taste. My body actually feels better though and I notice I am not hitting that peak caffeine high and then crashing in the afternoon. I have been drinking a lot of herbal tea since I quit caffeine (Chamomile, Spearamint, berry zingers, cranberry and apple, raspberry) and am finding that I like them just as much. Maybe I just like sipping a hot, tasty beverage, heh. The mint is great, it is by far my favorite! 5 sounds great BBG!

K-Smash said...

Oh yeah - and try Yogi Tea Green Chai...its at the Co-op...very yummy!